Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Isolating character boxes

This is where I'm currently at with regards to isolating the character boxes:
This is without rotating the image at all - just taking both the vertical and horizontal gradient, running edge.m on each of those, and then running the hough transform on the result.

Here is a cool image of the hough space for the vertical lines:

I have been trying so hard to rotate the images properly that I forgot my real goal which was to isolate the character boxes. Finally when I was able to rotate the image, it turned out that that did not help me out at all! Here are examples of before and after rotated images:
As you can see, Matlab didn't do a great job cropping the image after rotating it, even though I specified 'crop' to imrotate.m. Oh well, for the time being I'm not using it anyway.

1 comment:

Nicolas H.T. said...

Hi,
Did you get these better results just by tweaking the parameters for the different functions you're running on the image?
It looks way better than the results in your last post (Jan 16th: "Better Angle...").
Could you explain how you changed the parameters?
Thank you,

Nicolas